Wednesday 17 September 2014

Task Thirteen – Manipulating Time and Space

In this task I will be demonstrating the editing techniques in of manipulating of time and space. Also I will be analysis the video that my team and I made.




In the video that my team and I made, we use fades and dissolves to create the effect of manipulating diegetic time and space. The reason for using dissolves in the video is because it creates the idea that the main character is having a flashback, so the main character, which is Temi having a flashback with her friend about the time that me getting slapped and Abigail getting drunk. We make it perfectly clear to the audience that a flashback has happened by using dissolve when needed, so it would accrue in the time of me getting slapped and Abigail getting drunk. When using the dissolve the colour on the video goes black and white to show the audience that it is a flashback highlights the change of time and space, than it will return with its normal colour.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent so far Talha, don't forget to briefly mention D. W Griffith at the end of the post!

    ReplyDelete